Friday, April 16, 2010

"It's Over" the Sequel

I just remembered a sequel story to the “It’s Over” entry I had posted earlier.

Maurice, our waiter at Bananah Chick, is a young guy in late teens who loves the Arsenal football team. We trade jokes and banter around whenever I run into him. Fennie, Scott, and I had swung by one night to catch the Real Madrid game on TV and grab something to eat. Maurice greeted me by shouting “Jay! From China!” I of course told him he looked Kenyan.

As we started to order our food Maurice rattled off which items were “over” in an animated fashion. Every time we asked for something that was unavailable, he would slap his hand against his head and groan “My God, that’s out too.”

Fennie had asked for some scrambled eggs and Maurice responded by telling her that it was “finished”. Hearing this expression for the first time, we asked if “finished” meant “over.” He nodded head and rattled off an encounter he had with few Germans few months back...

These Germans wanted to order some sausages that were listed on the menu. Maurice told them that “sausages are finished” but Germans mistook it for sausages being ready to be served . After thirty minutes, the Germans were livid from waiting.

German: Where are the sausages?
Maurice: It’s finished.
German: I know it’s finished so where is it?
Maurice: Not here.
German: What? Are you telling me that you don’t have sausages?
Maurice: Oh my God, Yes. That’s why I said it’s finished.

We all thought this was pretty hilarious.

1 comment:

  1. crazy work your doing over there man...
    nice to hear some comedy there as well lol

    ReplyDelete